What we do Resilient Communities – Sustainable Programs – Environmental Stewardship
- Keep Dallas Beautiful is a 501(c)(3) organization, independent of the City of Dallas, building community leadership and evolving environmental improvements beyond the scope of basic government services
- Keep Dallas Beautiful serves 1,317,929 residents of Dallas and its fast-growing population, as well as other Dallas County communities
- Focusing service on low-income neighborhoods, engaging leaders living in these neighborhoods to improve environmental quality and quality of life
Mission – to improve environmental quality in Dallas by working with neighbors and grass-roots organizations to create resilient communities with sustainable programs that practice environmental stewardship.
Programs fulfill the mission if they recognize and meet the diverse needs and cultures within our city.
Keep Dallas Beautiful was an early environmental organization in Dallas, begun by Ebby Halliday in the 60’s when Ms. Halliday worked with Lady Bird Johnson to start Keep Texas Beautiful.
Keep Dallas Beautiful contributed the early funding to establish Klyde Warren Park, becoming dormant for several years from about 2011 to 2017.
Keep Dallas Beautiful was reinvigorated in May 2017.
Brenda Finch, Executive Director
Brenda has been an attorney in Dallas for over 30 years. She earned a Master of Science in Environmental Science in May 2018 from Green Mountain College.
Wendy Champion, Youth Coordinator
Wendy brings skills though her career in the Dallas business community as a Certified Project Management Professional and extensive work with the Girl Scouts.
Bob Peterson, Jack of all Trades
Bob serves as treasurer but also helps plan and execute almost all Keep Dallas Beautiful projects. He’s happiest covered with dirt or teaching students to use math in real life situations.
- President, Peter (Pete) Bargmann, attorney and educator
- Vice President, Cylena Smith, Mobile Shred It LLC
- Secretary, Wendy Champion, Project Management Professional
- Treasurer, Robert (Bob) Peterson, accountant
- Nancy Nolley, BP Energy Partners
- Bruce Fogerty, Worthwhile Productions, EarthX
- Emeritus Ex Officio, Frances E. (Fran) Phillips, Environmental Lawyer, Foley Gardere | Foley & Lardner LLP